This Sunday, December 1 will be the second of three training runs along the Black Canyon Trail 100K course. We will be running approximately 18 miles from Bumble Bee to Black Canyon City Trailhead. There will be two on course water / aid stops at approximately mile 4.4 and 11.4. This section is mostly single track trail winding through saguaros and breathtaking views of the Bradshaw Mountains. There are also several stream crossings in the latter miles of the run!
The course will be minimally marked with orange ribbon and some flour arrows at key junctions, but we make no guarantees! Please download and bring these maps and pay attention on the run.
Schedule: Please meet at the Black Canyon City Trailhead at 7:00am to carpool together up to Bumble Bee. We will start just south of the bridge over Bumble Bee Creek around 7:45am (where we finished our first training run).
This is a completely free run and anyone is welcome!
Directions to Black Canyon City Trailhead (Where we meet at 7am)
1. From Phoenix, take I-17 freeway to exit 242 Black Canyon City / Rock Springs
2. Turn left onto Velda Rose Road and go 0.2 miles
3. Turn right onto Old Black Canyon Hwy
4. Take first left onto Warner Road and go 0.2 miles
5. Turn right into trailhead
Directions from Black Canyon City Trailhead to run start at Bumble Bee
1. Get back on I-17 North
2. Drive 5.9 miles and exit #248 Bumble Bee / Crown King
3. Turn left towards Bumble Bee and follow paved road down hill
4. Turn right onto dirt and follow until you see a trailhead on the left side of the road before the bridge over Bumble Bee Creek.
Contact: Questions? Email Jamil at email@example.com or call 602-361-7440
RSVP: On Facebook group or email Jamil
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/573135722751089/